The broad aims of Ochre are to:
- Promote awareness of oesophageal cancer to the public, politicians and professionals by holding meetings, functions, talks and courses, and by establishing a website and distributing leaflets.
- Provide support and funding for research and research fellows to develop new and appropriate methods of prevention and early detection of oesophageal cancer.
- Provide funding for equipment for early diagnosis and staging of the tumour prior to treatment as well as research for advancing methods of treatment.
- Develop support services for patients and their families to help them cope with difficulties arising from the tumour and its treatment.
- Provide a point of contact and information to patients and their relatives during treatment and convalescence giving the necessary support and encouragement to achieve a good quality of life.
Our patron is Sir Sean Connery.
Image courtesy of Edinburgh Film Festival/Peter Ross